see the new St Peter's Church website: www.stpeters-Arlesey.co.uk
Monks from Waltham Abbey in Essex build the original church, about 1180
Widening of the church and windows were put in around 1220 AD.
In 1750 the parish of Astwick combined with Arlesey. After being unable to provide for a priest of its own.
The Church tower fell down in 1800 and was replaced by a small wooden steeple.This was later replaced by a stone tower.
In 1877 the Church tower was rebuilt, now housing six bells.
Image drawn by: Steve Maddox from information on: www.british-history.ac.uk
The Church today
View of the chancel end of the church. The roof here is unsafe and awaiting repair.. Image: Steve Maddox
Image taken inside the church looking east towards the chancel. Image: Steve Maddox
Stained Glass window on east side of the chancel. Image: Steve Maddox
Plaque of Charlotte Spry Jackson and family on the north side of the chancel wall Image: Steve Maddox
Charlotte Spry JacksonXXXXXSir John Jackson
Below is a page of information supplied by Derek Ambler. Written by Ian Harness, it shows a slab in the churchyard which was exposed in 2006.
Easter Lilies in St.Peters Church for the Easter services. Image: Brian Juffs
© 2012 registered website contact us website designed by onthebutton
all images owned byand submitted to, onthebutton are for use on this website only
and must not to be copied or used in any other application.